Best Moringa Powder Review & Benefits
Moringa powder has long been known in its native India, where it is revered for its many benefits. Over recent years, it has been discovered in the West, where it is probably best appreciated for its nutritional value. It is, however, also appreciated for its medicinal qualities and is increasingly being used externally in beauty treatments for the skin and hair. With the supplement becoming so popular it felt only right we give it the DHC treatment in our full Best Moringa Powder review
Our Best Moringa Powder Reviews
Kiva Organic Moringa Leaf Powder
Just to be clear before we begin, as far as we can tell, there is no connection whatsoever between the company behind this product and the microloans organization of the same name, although they do both appear to share a similar worldview and sense of ethics.
Kiva Organic Moringa Leaf Powder is, as its name suggests, organic, it is also GMO free and raw. According to the packaging, Kiva is committed to sourcing its superfood products directly from local farmers who work in a sustainable and environmentally-respectful manner.
Interestingly for a company which promotes environmentally-friendly values, we can’t see anything on the packaging which suggests it’s recyclable, but it is decently resealable, by which we mean we’re happy that the resealing mechanism will actually last as long as the product does.
While ethical credentials are always a plus (in our view), ultimately we’re reviewing the quality of the product and we’re very happy with it. Again, according to the packaging, this product is picked by hand and processed at the lowest possible temperatures to preserve its natural goodness. Going by the quality of the end product, we’re quite prepared to believe this.
- 100% Organic Moringa Leaf Powder (Made from Whole Leaves)
- Contains over 20 types of Essential Amino Acids, Vitamins and Trace Minerals. Also rich in potassium, calcium, and iron.
- RAW, Vegan and Non-GMO / Hand Harvested From a Single Source Farm
- Energy Boost | Multi-Vitamin | Antioxidants | Alkalizing
- 16 Ounce (Resealable Bag)
Naturevibe Botanicals Moringa Green Leaf Powder
Unlike some of our other brands, Naturevibe doesn’t really say much about its sustainability credentials but its moringa powder is organic and according to the product information we found, albeit not the packaging, it is fairly traded. That being so, we’d expect it to be reasonably good on the sustainability and ethical front.
Again, there’s a lack of recycling information on the packaging, which is disappointing, but seems to be par for the course with moringa powder. On the plus side however, the packaging does look and feel like it will last the course and the all-important seal is reassuringly sturdy. According to the labelling the contents is free of fillers, binders and artificial ingredients. In other words, this is the leaf and nothing but the leaf.
Interestingly, some people find that this brand has a grainier texture than some of the other options. Given that Naturevibe seem to use a standard drying technique, we’re guessing that this may be something to do with how they then turn the leaves into powder. To be honest, you’re probably only going to notice this if you want to take your moringa powder in a thin liquid such as tea or plain fruit juice. If you put it in a smoothie or food, we doubt you would notice the difference between this and our other brands.
Overall we’d say that Naturevibe had a very attractive offering at a reasonable price. We were fine with the texture, but if you have issues with it, we’d suggest just disguising it by putting your moringa powder into a thicker liquid or food. Our favourite option was soya milk with a banana and a touch of honey.
- Moringa is said to be effective in treating over 300 Health conditions.
- Moringa is a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. It contains significant amounts of vitamin A, C, and E; Calcium, Potassium, and Protein.
- 100% Natural, Pure and Raw, Its Leaf Powder helps stabilise your mood and protects brain health.
- Moringa trees have been used to combat malnutrition, especially among infants and nursing mothers. Fairly traded, No fillers, No binders and No artificial ingredients.
- Moringa contains 3x more iron than spinach, Increases the Natural Defence of the body and Improves the Immune system.
Organic India Moringa Powder
Unlike the other brands on our list, Organic India sells its moringa powder in a tub with a lid you pull off and push on rather than a bag. To be honest, we’re not sure how we feel about this. On the one hand, the packaging is certainly robust and we’d guess it would be less at risk of tearing than a packet. We’d also guess that the “low-tech” option of a lid has much less that can possibly go wrong with it than the “zipper-type” closures on resealable bags. On the other hand, it does seem a lot bulkier than an equivalent bag.
On the plus side, even though we can’t see any sign that this packaging is recyclable, we could see it being reused and it certainly seems sturdy enough to be used for storage of food or other items, so, on the whole, we quite like it.
Moving on to the contents of the tub, the quality is everything we’ve come to expect from Organic India, which is a brand we regularly recommend. Some of you may have read about Organic India running into legal trouble due to the lead content of its products. If this is a concern to you, here is what you need to know.
The State of California requires companies to display a warning on products which contain more than 0.5 parts per million of lead. This is 40 times lower than the limit set by NSF International, which is recognized by almost all authorities as the standard setter in terms of food safety.
Because heavy metals such as lead are naturally present in soil, Organic India cannot guarantee that each and every batch sold will be under the Californian limit and it cannot practically ensure that all the moringa powder sold in California is under this very strict limit, hence it implemented the warning system on its packaging after a warning from a Californian environmental agency.
To be perfectly blunt, we put this warning in the same category as a warning that “this product may contain nuts” on a jar of peanut butter. Lead is naturally present in soil and therefore any product grown in soil is likely to have some lead content. We are totally comfortable with using Organic India moringa powder and indeed all other Organic India products and we are also perfectly comfortable recommending them. User reviews on Amazon suggest plenty of other people agree with us.back to menu ↑
Royal Life Essentials Moringa Oleifera Leaf Powder
Royal Life Essentials is a company which aims to treat its customers like royalty by providing them with the highest-quality products and outstanding service. Overall it seems to manage this very well. While it’s still a relatively young company, it’s clearly building up a loyal community of followers on social media, all of whom are obviously very satisfied with both its products and its attitude.
In fact, if we had to sum up Royal Life Essentials in one word, it would be “nice”. They do seem like a genuinely kind, friendly, honest and helpful company. In short, they come across as the sort of people from whom we’re happy to buy ourselves and we’re happy to recommend the company to other people.
Of course, that’s all well and good, but the products themselves also have to be worth recommending and we’re happy to say they are. Like all the brands we recommend here, they use only organic moringa leaves. There is nothing added to bulk it up.
Yet again, the packaging is lacking any sort of recycling symbol, but we haven’t quite given up hope that some day we’ll be able to buy our moringa powder in recyclable packaging. It does, however, stand up nicely and feels like it will resist tearing. We’re also happy with the sealing mechanism.
- HIGHEST QUALITY MORINGA OLEIFERA LEAF POWDER: While other companies use fillers, are non-organic, brown (use less nutritious parts of the tree); Royal Life Essentials uses 100% USDA Certified Organic Green Moringa Powder: farmed with fresh, clean water, near the Himalayas, where it was 1st discovered. This means you get the highest, freshest, most nutrient rich, Moringa, for your nutritional health herbal supplement needs. Rest easy knowing exactly what's going into your body is certified & safe
- ORGANIC MORINGA OLEIFERA NUTRIENT RICH - In our fast-food culture, nutrients are gone. Soil is depleted. Everyone needs nutritious food. Moms, dads, children, grandparents are taking Royal Life Essentials USDA Green Organic Moringa Powder because it's the "King of Superfoods" contains 3x the iron, 18 amino acids, 90+ nutrients, 40+ antioxidants, 30+ anti-inflammatories & Omega 3's. Dr. Marcu says, it comes very close to being a perfect source of nutrients in terms of variety & concentration.
- MORINGA OLEIFERA KNOWN AS THE MIRACLE TREE - Royal Life Essentials Moringa Powder positively impacts the body - skin, hair, nails, teeth, kidneys, liver, digestive tract, brain, heart, blood circulation & sugar, eyes, joints, ligaments, bones, immune system, nervous system & more. It has an alkalizing, energy & metabolism boost. Customers are feeling a greater sense of health; physically, mentally & emotionally. When your body receives nutrients, it's powerful the kind of health you experience.
- IT'S ALL ABOUT RELATIONSHIP - Valuing relationship with you is our #1 priority. Our mission is to treat you like ROYALTY, with a vision to nourish the malnourished 2 billion people. Royal Life Essentials believes in sourcing the highest quality products. The products we provide must & will always be great for you! We aim for integrity & excellence. Instilling value in the way we do things, how we do things, we believe, instills value in YOU! Live the Royal Life, it's abundant and essential.
- 100% GUARANTEED SATISFACTION - Our customers are happy & healthy! All of our Royal Life Essentials USDA Certified Organic Moringa Oleifera products are backed with a 30-day money back satisfaction guarantee, if you are not satisfied for any reason. Simply contact customer service and we'll take care of you promptly. We want you to have a 5 star excellence across the board.
Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Moringa Leaf Powder
Terrasoul Superfoods has been around since 2013, when it was founded as a family business and still has families very much in mind when it creates products to bring to market. While some health-food companies focus very much on affluent individuals, Terrasoul Superfoods aims to keep its costs low so it can sell its products at prices which are within the reach of families on average incomes.
As a result of this approach the packaging of Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Moringa Leaf Powder frankly looks rather like something you’d expect to find in the clearance aisle at a supermarket, but it’s sturdy and we’re happy the seal will last the duration and, frankly, it’s what’s inside that counts.
What’s inside is finest organic moringa leaf powder, which is quite on a par with other brands in prettier packets. The one point we do have to flag up is that according to the packaging we saw, this product is created in a factory which also processes tree nuts, so those with nut allergies may wish to look elsewhere.
- Terrasoul Superfoods Organic Moringa Leaf Powder, 12 Ounces
- Certified Organic, Non-GMO, Raw, Kosher, Gluten-Free, Vegan
- Contains over 20 types of Essential Amino Acids, Vitamins and Trace Minerals. Also rich in potassium, calcium, and iron.
- Terrasoul Superfoods sources the freshest and highest quality superfoods from all over the planet. Our mission is to make these amazing, healthy foods available to you at the lowest prices possible while paying our growers and employees fair wages.
- 100% Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee - We stand behind our products and offer a 30-day money back guarantee, backed by an outstanding customer service team.
Zen Principle Premium Organic Moringa Oleifera Leaf Powder
Zen Principle is another company which supports ethical production, including environmentally-friendly and sustainable farming. According to the packaging, the source of the moringa is the Himalayan foothills, we assume they mean the Indian side.
These leaves are also hand-picked and, again according to the packaging, they are “sun/shade” dried, we’re not sure what, exactly this means in practice other than the fact that the drying process is undertaken at low temperatures to maintain as much as possible of the moringa leaves’ beneficial properties.
The leaves are processed in a facility in the United States, where they are packaged into a resealable bag. Again, we are unable to see any recycling logo, which is a bit of a disappointment, but in fairness it has to be said that moringa powder is very susceptible to oxidation, so we were very happy to see a sturdy back with a tight seal, which we felt could stand up to long-term use.
Overall, we’d love to see this product in recyclable packaging, but we have to admit this is a fairly minor issue since so little packaging is used and in general Zen Principle does have excellent sustainability and ethical credentials to go along with a high-quality product.
- BENEFIT FROM NATURE'S FINEST MULTIVITAMIN. Packed with over 90 essential ingredients including 20+ types of amino acids, 40+ antioxidants, 35+ anti-inflammatory compounds, key vitamins, minerals, protein, Omega 3, 6 and 9 oils and phytonutrients. Few foods can match the nutrition provided by Moringa.
- ENJOY THE GREENEST, FRESHEST RAW LEAVES, NEVER FREEZE-DRIED. Our Moringa Oleifera has been carefully sun- and shade-dried at the ideal low temperature to preserve its precious nutrients and quickly packaged to maintain freshness. Other sellers use industrial machines to freeze dry or heat dry their Moringa. The sun is better! You can see the results in the bright green colors and rich, earthy scent of our Moringa.
- WE SUSTAINABLY SOURCE ONLY FROM SMALL ORGANIC FARMS in the Himalayan foothills where Moringa originates. Other sellers run huge industrial-sized operations which produce lower quality leaves. Always ask how your Moringa is grown! Hundreds of 5 star reviews from happy Amazon customers attest to the quality and purity in every bag we sell.
- MADE IN THE USA IN AN FDA-REGISTERED AND ORGANIC-CERTIFIED FACILITY. Always ask where your Moringa is made! Other sellers package in countries without the same safeguards found here. Our Moringa is made in small batches, following strict health and safety guidelines.It's then rigorously tested to ensure purity and quality and delivered quickly to maintain peak freshness
Moringa powder nutrition facts
Vegetarians and vegans take note, moringa powder is almost one quarter protein, plus it has all 9 amino acids (of the sort for which oily fish is appreciated), plus iron plus calcium. In other words, it offer the nutritional benefits of meat without meat.
Even for those who do eat meat, moringa powder can still be a valuable addition to your diet. In addition to all the benefits above, moringa powder is full of fiber and rich in vitamins and minerals including vitamins A, E and K. It is also an excellent source of antioxidants.
back to menu ↑
Moringa benefits for health
The fact that moringa powder contains both iron and vitamin A means that it has a positive impact on the immune system. Its protein content and amino acids both contribute to healthy muscle growth and the calcium helps maintain bones (and if necessary supports their repair). Last but by no means least, the fiber is good for your digestion and, frankly, for keeping your bowels regular. This particular benefit should not be underestimated since many of us do not get enough fiber in our diets.
back to menu ↑
Moringa benefits for beauty
The combination of vitamins A and E plus antioxidants means that moringa powder could reasonably be billed as the superfood for your skin. You hair will also love it. Remember that in spite of what adverts for hair-care products might imply, the only way to have really beautiful hair is to nourish it with a healthy lifestyle and that starts with the food you eat. All the goodness in moringa powder can go a long way towards feeding the growth of a healthy head of hair.
back to menu ↑
How to take moringa powder
What this question really boils down to is: moringa capsules versus powder? We’re big fans of powder and here, in brief, are our reasons why.
It’s more economical. We appreciate this may make us sound like a bunch of cheapskates but in our view little savings add up. When you buy moringa powder, you’re just paying for the moringa powder. When you buy moringa powder capsules, you have to pay for the cost of the capsules as well and over time that adds up.
You’re in total control of the dosage. If you’ve read anything about moringa powder, you’ll probably have read that you need to start with a really low dose and build up. It’s a superfood, it’s strong. Moringa powder makes that easy. Moringa capsules do not.
There’s more flexibility in how you consume your moringa powder. We get the impression that many people opt for capsules because they think they won’t like the taste of moringa powder on its own. Actually, it’s easy enough to disguise the taste of moringa powder if you feel you need to.
Moringa powder is guaranteed to be free of gelatin. You can get gelatin-free capsules, but you will need to check the packaging carefully to be sure you are getting the right ones. As yet, we have been unable to find any organic capsules.
back to menu ↑
How to drink moringa powder
In our experience, many people choose to drink their moringa powder, which is to say, put it in a drink, probably because it requires such little effort. If you’re fine with the taste of moringa powder, you could just put it in water, cold or hot. Alternatively, it is a superb addition to smoothies, where you can put in as many sweet ingredients as you want if you find the natural taste of moringa powder a bit too dull for your liking. For ourselves, we’re quite partial to moringa powder with soya milk and some fruit.
You can also use moringa powder in solid foods, for example if you want to make your own energy bars or even just regular granola bars. There are plenty of recipes on the net.